Net Worth: $90 Million
- Source of Wealth Film, Television
- Birth Place Memphis, Tennessee
- Height 6' 2" (1.88 m)
- Marital Status Divorced (Myrna Colley-Lee)
- Full Name Morgan Porterfield Freeman, Jr.
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth June 1, 1937
- Ethnicity African American
- Weight N/A
- Occupation Actor, Director, Narrator
- Education Jackson State University
- Children 3 (Alfonso, Morgana, Deena)
Morgan Freeman has enjoyed an impressive and varied career on stage, television, and screen. It is a career that began in the mid-’60s, when Freeman appeared in an off-Broadway production of The Niggerlovers and with Pearl Bailey in an all-African-American Broadway production of Hello, Dolly! in 1968. He went on to have a successful career both on and off-Broadway, showcasing his talents in everything from musicals to contemporary drama to Shakespeare.
Before studying acting, the Memphis-born Freeman attended Los Angeles Community College and served a five-year stint with the Air Force from 1955 to 1959. After getting his start on the stage, he worked in television, playing Easy Reader on the PBS children’s educational series The Electric Company from 1971 through 1976. During that period, Freeman also made his movie debut in the lighthearted children’s movie Who Says I Can’t Ride a Rainbow? (1971).
Morgan Freeman has been married twice.He has two sons from previous relationships before he married Bradshaw. He adopted his first wife’s daughter and the couple also had his fourth child.Freeman and Jeanette Adair Bradshaw divorced 0n 15 September 2010.