Net Worth: Under Review
- Source of Wealth Film, Television
- Birth Place Kansas City, Missouri, United States
- Marital Status Married (Marianne Leone Cooper)
- Full Name Christopher W. "Chris" Cooper
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth July 9, 1951
- Occupation Actor
- Education Stephens College, University of Missouri
- Children 1 (Jesse Lanier Cooper)
About Chris Cooper
Chris Cooper is an American actor best recognized for his recent appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. He is also noted for his appearance on the 2012 film The Company You Keep where he played the role of Daniel Sloan.Cooper has also had supporting appearances in several Hollywood films, including The Bourne Identity, Capote, American Beauty, The Kingdom, October Sky, Syriana, The Town, Seabiscuit, Adaptation and Breach. His impressive acting performance in Adaptation has won him a Golden Globe Award, as well as an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Christopher W. “Chris” Cooper was born on July 9, 1951 in Kansas City, Missouri, United States. Since 1983, he has been married to Marianne Leone. In 1987, the couple welcomed their son Jesse who later died of SUDEP in 2005. After studying ballet at Stephens College, he attended University of Missouri where he majored in drama and agriculture. After completing his degree, he moved to New York to pursue a career in acting.
Among his other notable projects include Lone Star, My House in Umbria, The Company Men, The Muppets and Bloom: the Emergence of Ecological Design.