Net Worth: $10 Million
- Source of Wealth Soccer, Football
- Birth Place Selma, Alabama, United States
- Height 5' 5" (1.65 m)
- Marital Status Married (Nomar Garciaparra)
- Full Name Mariel Margaret "Mia" Hamm
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth March 17, 1972
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Weight 125 lbs (57 kg)
- Occupation Retired Soccer Player
- Education University of North Carolina, Notre Dame Catholic High School, Lake Braddock Secondary School
- Children 3 (Garrett, Ava Caroline, Grace Isabella)
About Mia Hamm
One of the founding members of Washington Freedom, Mia Hamm is a former professional soccer player with an estimated net worth of $10 million as of 2012.
Born on March 17, 1972, Mariel Margaret Hamm originated from Selma, Alabama, United States. After attending Lake Braddock Secondary School, Mia Hamm went to study at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she helped the school’s women soccer team to 4 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) women’s championships.
Known to be a part of the United States women’s national soccer team, Mia Hamm has made a record 158 international goals, making her the leading international goal scorer in the history of soccer, both for men and women. In 2001 and 2002, she was named as FIFA World Player of the Year for women’s category. Hailed by FIFA as one 125 best living players, Mia Hamm is an inductee to the National Soccer Hall of Fame, Texas Sports Hall of Fame, and Alabama Sports Hall of Fame.
Apart from being a sports personality, Mia Hamm is also an author. She authored the book Go For the Goal: A Champion’s Guide to Winning in Soccer and Life.