Net Worth: $30 Million
- Source of Wealth NBA, Sports
- Birth Place Chicago, Illinois
- Height 6' 3" (1.91 m)
- Marital Status In a relationship (Mieka Reese)
- Full Name Derrick Martell Rose
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth October 4, 1988
- Ethnicity African-American
- Weight 190 lb (86 kg)
- Occupation Professional Basketball Player
- Education Simeon Career Academy, University of Memphis
- Children 1 (Derrick Rose Jr.)
Currently playing with the Chicago Bulls for the National Basketball Association, Derrick Rose is a professional basketball player with an estimated net worth of $30 million as of 2012.
Born on October 4, 1988 in Chicago, Derrick Martell Rose started his basketball career at Simeon Career Academy where his prowess and skills in playing basketball have attracted the attention of many collegiate coaches. After college, he accepted a scholarship offered by the University of Memphis where he got to play with the Tigers under Coach John Calipari.
The year 2008 marked the debut of Derrick Rose’s professional basketball career. He was selected by the Chicago Bulls as its first overall pick in the first round of the 1998 NBA Draft. His playoff debut was against Boston Celtics, the defending champion that time. The Bulls won the game. Derrick Rose had 36 points, 4 rebounds and 11 assists during the game.
In 2011, he became a recipient of the NBA Most Valuable Player Award, making him the youngest basketball player to have won the award, and second from Chicago Bulls to receive such recognition, after Michael Jordan.