Net Worth: $5 Million
- Source of Wealth NBA, Sports
- Birth Place Orlando, Florida, United States
- Height 6' 11" (2. 11 m)
- Marital Status Married (Janice Hoderman)
- Full Name Darryl Dawkins
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth January 11, 1957
- Ethnicity African-American
- Weight 251 lbs (114 kg)
- Occupation Professional Basketball Player
- Education Maynard Evans High School
- Children 3 (Nick, Alexis, Tabitha)
About Darryl Dawkins
Former professional basketball player Darryl Dawkins has an estimated net worth of $5 million. Popular as ‘Chocolate Thunder’, Dawkins is best recognized for the powerful dunks he made while still active in the NBA.
Darryl Dawkins was born on January 11, 1957 in Orlando, Florida, USA. He attended Maynard Evans High School. He decided to renounce his college eligibility, and instead, he applied as a hardship candidate for the 1975 NBA Draft. Eventually, he was selected as the first round (fifth overall) pick of the 1975 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. He was behind Alvan Adams, Marvin Webster, David Meyers, and David Thompson.
From 1975 through 1982, he played for the 76ers. In 1982, he started playing for the New Jersey Nets until 1987. After his relatively short stint with the Utah Jazz, he spent the next two seasons with the Detroit Pistons. Eventually, he started playing in other leagues for teams such as Auxilium Torino, Olimpia Philis Milano, Libertas Forlì, Harlem Globetrotters, Sioux Falls Skyforce, and Winnipeg Cyclone.