Net Worth: $65 Million
- Source of Wealth NASCAR, Car Racing, Sports
- Birth Place Level Cross, North Carolina, United States
- Height 6' 2" (1.88 m)
- Marital Status Married (Lynda Petty )
- Full Name Richard Lee Petty
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth July 2, 1937
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Weight 180 lbs (82 kg)
- Occupation Professional Race Car Driver
- Children 4 (Kyle Petty, Lisa Petty Luck, Sharon Petty Farlow, Rebecca Petty Moffit)
Retired NASCAR driver Richard Lee Petty has an estimated net worth of $65 million as of 2012. Nicknamed as “The King”, Richard Petty only raced for the NASCAR Winston Cup Series and the Strictly Stock/Grand National Era.
Considered as one of the most respected figures in the world of motorsport, Richard Petty has won a total of 200 races over his entire motorsport career. He is known to have won seven NASCAR Championships. In 2010, Petty was inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
After having been awarded the Grand National Series Rookie of the Year in 1959, Richard Petty became a recipient of the NASCAR’s Most Popular Driver award eight times (1962, 1964, 1968, 1974, 1975,1976, 1977, 1978).
In 1989, he was inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America and in 1997, he was elected into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. In 1998, he was named as one of the greatest drivers in the history of NASCAR.
Richard Lee Petty was born on July 2, 1937 in Level Cross, North Carolina, United States. Since 1959, he has been married to Lynda Petty. He has four children named Rebecca, Sharon, Lisa, and Kyle.