Net Worth: $45 Million
- Source of Wealth Baseball, Sports
- Birth Place Santurce, Puerto Rico
- Height 6' 2" (1.88 m)
- Marital Status Married (Laura Posada)
- Full Name Jorge Rafael Posada Villeta
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth August 17, 1971
- Ethnicity Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican
- Weight 215 lbs (96 kg)
- Occupation Professional Baseball Player
- Education Calhoun Community College, Alejandrino High School
- Children 2 (Jorge Jr., Paulina)
About Jorge Posada
Born to a Puerto Rican mother and Cuban father, Jorge Posada is a retired professional baseball player with an estimated net worth of $45 million as of 2012. From 1995 through 2011, Jorge Posada played as baseball catcher for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Selected to All-Star for five times (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007), Posada is actually a recipient of 5 Silver Sluggy Awards (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007). He was also part of the four World Series championship teams (1998, 1999, 2000,2009). In 2006, he became an inductee to the Alabama Community College Athletic Hall of Fame.
Before the 1999 season started, the New York Yankees offered Jorge Posada a $350,000 contract, which was $650,000 short of his initial demand. When Girardi decided to leave the Yankees for the Chicago Cubs, Posada became a full time catcher of the Yankees which later won him a Silver Slugger Award in 2000.
In 2008, he declined the 5-year contract offered by the Mets. Instead, he signed a four year $52 million contract with the Yankees.
Jorge Posada is married to Laura Mendez Posada. The couple have two children together named Paulina and Jorge Luis Jr. His son is suffering from a condition known as craniosynostosis.