Net Worth: $10 Million
- Source of Wealth Baseball, Sports
- Birth Place Leesburg, Georgia, United States
- Height 6' 1" (1.85 m)
- Marital Status Married (Kristen Posey)
- Full Name Gerald Dempsey "Buster" Posey III
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth March 27, 1987
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Weight 220 lbs (100 kg)
- Occupation Professional Baseball Player
- Education Florida State University
- Children 2 (Lee Dempsey Posey, Addison Lynn Posey)
About Buster Posey
American baseball athlete Buster Posey has an estimated net worth of $10 million in 2013. He currently plays in the Major League Baseball for the San Francisco Giants as the team’s first baseman and catcher. In 2012, he received an annual salary of $615,000.
Gerald Dempsey “Buster” Posey III was born on March 27, 1987 in Leesburg, Georgia. He attended Florida State University where he played baseball as a catcher. In 2008, he became a recipient of the Golden Spikes Award. In the same year, he was selected by the San Francisco Giants as a first round pick (fifth overall) in the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft.
He was named as the National League (NL) Rookie of the Year. He was also a member of the San Francisco Giants, a 2010 World Series champion. Since 2009, he has been playing for the Giants. In the same year, he was signed by the Giants to a nine-year extension contract which was estimated to be worth $167 million.
Since 2009, Posey has been married to his wife Kristen Powell who bore him two children, Addison Lynn and Lee Dempsey.